I always love having a tasty snack option for in between meals. Thankfully, I’ve found some recipes that are quick and easy.
Here is one of my favs – these bars are so delicious! I wish they were my recipe However, they are gluten free, vegan and no-bake!
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/3 Cup Pitted Dates
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Packets Truvia (or Stevia of Choice)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Natural Cocoa
Coconut Almond Crust Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract (optional – This gives the bars an amaretto flavour).
Filling and Crust Directions:
- Place all topping ingredients into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- If you find the mixture is too thick feel free to add another Tbsp of almond milk.
- Set mixture aside.
- Blend and/or pulse all Coconut Almond Crust ingredients in a food processor until nut consistency is like sundae topping nuts (still visible small chunks).
- Tip – If you do not have an amazing food processor pre-chopping the dates by hand really helps.
- In an 8×8 pan or glass dish grease with a non-stick healthy cooking spray.
- Press Coconut Almond Crust evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread Dark Chocolate topping mixture evenly overtop of Coconut Almond crust.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!
Makes 18 Small Squares (Keep the extras in the freezer).
This is an original recipe of www.damyhealth.com